Home > Living in La Malbaie > Urbanism > Minor Exemption Request

Minor Exemption Request

Share on

Filing of a minor exemption request:

Any person who applies for a subdivision permit, building permit or certificate of authorization and who does not fully comply with certain provisions of Zoning By-law 994-14 and Subdivision 993-14, may apply for a resolution of City Council granting a minor derogation.

The meeting at which the council must rule on a request for a minor derogation must be preceded by a public notice published 15 days before the date of the request. Consequently, for a publication deadline issue in the local newspaper (weekly), it is preferable that the application be filed in the first half of the month to ensure that the public notice announcing the minor variance is published on time for the municipal council meeting of the following month. The fees associated with the processing of a minor exemption request are set at $300 (non-refundable).